Anise Cookies recipe. These delicious cookies have been a favorite in my family for many generations. They are so simple to make and fun to color.
For 4 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 6 large eggs
- 5 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup butter
- 4 teaspoons anise or you can use almond extract
For the Glaze:
- 3 3/4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 teaspoon anise or almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- colored sprinkles
The Cornicelli from Capri are in
Get your lucky one HERE!
- In mixer, beat eggs on high until light and foamy, then add to large mixing bowl.
- Return to mixer and combine flour, sugar and baking powder and mix on low speed, gradually beat in butter and extract. Mixture resembles crumbs.
- Add in beaten eggs to the crumb mixture and dough should be stiff, if not. add a little bit more flour.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Place apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-13 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Bottom of cookies will be slightly brown tops will not be browned.
- While cookies are cooling, make glaze.
- Using a small bowl combine glaze ingredients except the sprinkles.
- Dip each cookie in glaze place on parchment paper and top each cookie with colored sprinkles.
Very good quick recipe. Everyone loved them!!!! - Josy
Yesterday, I was a cookie making fiend. Lots of anise flavored treats including this one. Shared t...
See Full Review >> - TheKoob
Made these with my daughter today! Delicious, just like nonna used to make! - bequus
Made these delicious cookies for the St. Joseph's Altar. Everyone loved them. So soft and tended a...
See Full Review >> - nanajf
These cookies are absolutely delicious and easy to make. I will definitely be making these again. - IsisM