Preparation for the Ciambella:
- Pre-heat the oven at 400F.
- You can use a large glass bowl and an electric beater to do your mixing or you can use a Stand Mixer.
- Add the eggs and beat them well.
- Add the baking powder and mix well into the eggs.
- Add the olive oil and mix well.
- Add the lemon zest and the cinnamon and mix well.
- Add the sugar and mix well.
- Little by little add the flour and mix until the flour is totally absorbed into the liquids. The mix should be semi-soft. Put aside.
- Slice the bananas in slices of about 1/4 inch thick. Squeeze the juice of a lemon on the banana slices to prevent oxidation and give then an extra kick.
- Take a 10” Angel Food Cake Pan and grease with butter the bottom and the sides.
- Pour half of the mix into the pan and make sure that it is evenly distributed.
- Add a generous row of banana slices on the surface of the mix to cover the entire mix.
- Add the remaining mix to the pan and level it.
- Bake the Ciambella for 60 minutes.
- Let it cool and place it on a serving plate.
- Pour the mascarpone cheese in a stand mixer.
- Add the Nutella.
- Mix everything for 2-3 minutes.
- With a spatula spread a generous coating of Nutella Mousse over the Ciambella.
- Spread the multi colored sprinkle over the Mousse and serve.