Procedure for the dough
- Mix the flour with butter, sugar, three eggs, a pinch of salt, milk, until the ingredients become homogeneous and consistent.
- Wrap it in transparent film and leave it in the refrigerator for around an hour and half.
Procedure for the stuffing
- Chop coarsely the dry fig and put them in a bowl with the other egg, the sultana grape, the cinnamon, the walnuts and the almonds minced in not too small pieces, the zuccata = candied pumpkin, cloves and Marsala.
- Mix well and put on the fire for about ten minutes. Remove from heat and add three spoons of jam. Leave it to cool.
Making the Cucciddatu
- Roll out the dough not too much thin (around a centimeter) and form a rectangle on which we will place the stuffing.
- Close this rectangle, forming a large salami. Fold this roll on itself, sealing the ends well, so that you get a donut.
- Lay the Cucciddatu on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cut into the surface (from these cuts you must see the stuffing).
- Place in a preheated oven at 355F for about half an hour.
- After this time, paint the churning Cucciddatu with a tablespoon of orange marmalade diluted with water, then sprinkle with chopped pistachio nuts and put in the oven for another five minutes.
- Once cooked, garnish with candied fruit. Allow to cool and remove it permanently from the pan.