Frittata with Broccoli Rabe ___
For the Frittata:
- 1 pound fresh broccoli rabe, blanched
- 2 cups grated pecorino cheese
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 10 large eggs
- 6 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 0.5 cup milk
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Clean the Broccoli Rabe. Wash and cut into small pieces and blanch.
- In a bowl add the bread crumbs, cheese, garlic and mix well. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- In a separate bowl beat the 10 eggs with the milk. Add the eggs to the mixture and mix very well. Add 4 Tbs of EV olive oil and continue mixing.
- Add the Broccoli Rabe and mix well.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F.
- In a 10" cast iron skillet add 1/2 cup of EV olive oil and put on the stove. Once the oil is hot, add the mixture to the pan and quickly spread it evenly.
- Let it cook for about 2-3 minutes on the stove and then transfer the pan to the top level of your oven.
- Let it cook for 50 minutes (or once the top colors to your liking) and you will have a perfect and crispy Frittata.