Get the products needed for this recipe HERE
To make the crumb topping:
- In a mixing bowl combine the sugars, cinnamon, salt, butter and flours. Using your hands, mix until the flour is fully absorbed. The mixture will be crumbly. Mix in the chocolate chips. Set aside.
To make the cake:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 inch springform pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- Add 1 Teaspoon of the flour to the bowl with the chocolate chips. Toss until they are coated in flour. Set aside
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together 2 cups of the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the eggs, yolk, sugar and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Add in the oil and beat until combined. Beat in the Ricotta until just incorporated.
- Beat in the dry ingredients until just incorporated. Do not over mix. The batter will be thick. Fold in the chocolate chips tossed in flour and spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Press the crumb mixture on top of the cake.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Cool and dust with confectioners sugar as desired.