Ricotta Cookies ___
For the Cookies:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Icing:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- Christmas sprinkles for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat sugar and butter until blended.
- Increase speed to high; beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- At medium speed, beat in ricotta, vanilla, and eggs until well combined.
- Reduce speed to low. Add flour, baking powder, and salt; beat until dough forms.
- Drop dough by level tablespoons, about 2 inches apart, onto ungreased large cookie sheet. Bake about 15 minutes or until cookies are very lightly golden (cookies will be soft).
- Bake all your cookies.
- In small bowl, stir powdered sugar and milk until smooth. With small teaspoon, spread icing on cookies. Decorate with Christmas sprinkles.
- Set cookies aside to allow icing to dry completely.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container. The cookies do not need to be refrigerated. For best results frost them the night before serving.