The Italian Hot Dog ___
For the hot dogs:
For the zucchini:
- 6 mediun zucchini
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- oil for frying
To make the hot dogs:
- Cook the hot dogs according to the package instructions.*The Zucchini taste best on hot dogs that have been cooked on the barbecue.
To make the zucchini:
- Wash the Zucchini and slice them in rounds a little less than 1/4" thick.
- Add a little olive oil in a saute` pan and saute` all the sliced zucchini on both sides until they are golden brown. Place on paper towels and set aside.
- Transfer the fried zucchini on a serving platter and sprinkle with salt as desired.
- In a small bowl mix the vinegar, oil, garlic and fresh mint. Add salt as desired.
- Pour mixture over the zucchine, cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Top the hot dogs with 2-3 tablespoons of the zucchini or as desired.