Italy with Rossella
Come with me!
Vieni con Me!
...on a Culinary Tour of a Lifetime
in Sunny Puglia &
Coast to Coast!!!
Featuring Cooking lessons by local Nonne!
|My Hometown: Mola di Bari|
Cooking with Nonna
Italy with Rossella Tour 2011
A Culinary Tour of Campania & Puglia
September 30 - October 9, 2011
$3,999 per person- Air Included *(based on double occupancy)
Enjoy this wonderful trip with our star host Rossella Rago
Winner of the Food Network - 24 Hour Restaurant Battle!
Experience the beauty of Naples and Sorrento as well as the sunny region of Puglia.
To book this tour, call 1-800-ITALY-25 and request the Italy with Rossella Tour.
Day by Day Itinerary
Day 1 – Friday, September 30th – Departure from USA
Flight from New York JFK to Naples via Rome on Alitalia
AZ 611 Departs JFK at 9:40 pm arrives Rome at 12:05 pm on Oct-1
AZ 1269 Departs FCO at 1:15 pm arrives Naples at 2:10 pm
Day 2 – Saturday, October 1st – Arrival in Naples
Transfer from Naples airport to the Hotel Palazzo Guardati in Sorrento by private motor coach and driver. Check in at your hotel in Sorrento. The rest of the day is at your leisure to explore the town on your own. This evening, welcome dinner at a local restaurant walking distance from the hotel.
Day 3 – Sunday, October 2nd – Mozzarella Tasting
This morning you will be transferred to Agriturismo Seliano, a beautiful farmhouse near Battipaglia. Here Rossella and Nonna Cecilia will show you the Buffalo Mozzarella cheese making process and demonstrate local dishes. The lesson will be followed by a mozzarella tasting and a lunch.
In the afternoon OPTIONAL EXCURSION TO PAESTUM for a guided visit of the Greek Temples. (Minimum of 8 participants required at an additional cost) Dinner on your own.
Day 4 – Monday, October 3rd – Cooking Class
This morning you will walk to one of the most exclusive private villas in Italy for a cooking demonstration by Rossella and a local Nonna followed by a lunch on the spectacular terrace of the villa overlooking the Gulf of Naples. Afternoon at leisure for individual activities and relax. Dinner on your own.
Day 5 – Tuesday, October 4th – Naples and Pizza Demonstration
Transfer by private coach for a Full Day excursion in Naples. Upon arrival you will enjoy a Pizza demonstration followed by lunch in a typical pizzeria. Farewell dinner in a local restaurant within walking distance from the hotel.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 6 – Wednesday, October 5th– Sorrento – Selva di Fasano
Private transfer from Hotel in Sorrento to Selva di Fasano in Puglia. Lunch on your own. Check in at your hotel in Tenuta Monacelle. Welcome dinner in the Trulli setting of Tenuta Monacelle.
Day 7 – Thursday, October 6th – Excursion at Alberobello, Cooking Class and visit of Mola di Bari
Departure with a private coach for an excursion to Alberobello. Upon arrival meeting with an English speaking local guide for a walking tour and sightseeing in the capital town of the “Trulli”. Continue to the Albea Cellar for a visit and a wine tasting. Then continue to Savelletri di Fasano, where you will have a cooking class with Rossella and a local Nonna at the famous Masseria Torre Coccaro followed by lunch. In the late afternoon, visit the Castello Angionino in Mola di Bari, Rossella’s hometown in Italy, followed by dinner at Casale del Sole in Mola di Bari.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 8 – Friday, October 7th – Excursion at Altamura and Polignano a Mare
Departure with a private coach for an half day excursion to Altamura where you will learn how to make fresh pasta and visit a bread and biscotti bakery to see how the famous “Pane di Altamura” is produced. Lunch at a local trattoria. In the afternoon return in your hotel to relax. Late afternoon transfer with a private coach to Polignano a Mare for a walk in this beautiful city overlooking the Adriatic Sea and dinner at a local restaurant.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 9 – Saturday, October 8th – Excursion at Fasano and Cooking Class
Breakfast in hotel. Half of the day dedicated to visit Fasano and its Abbazia di S. Angelo de Grecis. Inside the Masseria is located one of the most famous Olio di Oliva Museum in Italy. The visit will be followed by an oil tasting and lunch in the restaurant of the Abbazia. In the afternoon return to Tenuta Monacelle to have a cooking lesson given by Rossella and a local Nonna. Dinner will follow and will showcase the dishes prepared during the cooking lesson. During the dinner, you will be entertained by a local folklorist group who will dance for you a very frenetic “La Taranta”... of course you can jump in if you like!
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 10 – Sunday, October 9th – Selva di Fasano/Bari
Private transfer from the hotel in Selva di Fasano to Bari airport
Flight on Alitalia Bari via Rome to JFK airport.
AZ 1614 Departs Bari at 7:40 am on October 9
AZ 608 Departs Rome at 10:20am arrives JFK at 1:55pm
To book your 10 Day/8 Night Italy with Rossella call 1-800-ITALY-25 or visit: ItalyVacations.com
This Trip Includes:
* Each participant will receive a personalized Cooking with Nonna apron
* Flight from New York to Naples via Rome, Bari to New York via Rome including fuel surcharges (air taxes are additional)
* 4 nights hotel accommodation in a 4* hotel in Sorrento - Hotel Palazzo Guardati
* 4 nights hotel accommodation in a 4* hotel in Selva di Fasano - Hotel Tenuta Monacelle
* 6 Dinners, 6 Lunches, 8 Breakfasts Daily
* Private transfer from Naples airport to Hotel in Sorrento
* Private motor coach and driver for a tour to the Agriturismo Seliano
* Buffalo Mozzarella tasting and cooking class at Agriturismo Seliano
* Cooking class at a private villa in Sorrento
* Motor coach and driver at disposal for a half-day excursion to Naples
* Pizza demonstration in Naples
* Private transfer from Sorrento to Selva di Fasano
* Motor coach and driver at disposal for 3 days in Puglia
* Visit and wine tasting in a typical cellar at Albea
* English speaking guide in Alberobello (2 hrs)
* Cooking class at Masseria Torre Coccaro
* Visit of the Semolificio Loiudice in Altamura and a local bakery
* Visit of Abbazia di S. Angelo de Grecis
* Oil tasting in the Masseria at Abbazia di S. Angelo
* Cooking class at Tenuta Monacelle with Rossella
* Private transfer from the hotel in Selva di Fasano to Bari airport
* English-speaking tour escort throughout the trip
Does Not Include:
* Meals not mentioned
* Everything not mentioned under “the quote includes”
* Optional tour to Paestum: $60 per person with a minimum of 8 participants. Customers will need to sign up for this tour at the time of the booking.
* Optional Travel Insurance $150 per person is strongly recommended
*Airport taxes are additional and approximately $110 per person **tax is subject to increase until ticket issuance 30 days before departure.
Single supplement is on request only.
A $200 non-refundable deposit is required to hold your space. If insurance is taken, this must be paid with initial deposit. (Total of $350 per person). Final payment is due before June 1st.
* 20 passengers minimum for this trip. We must have 20 signed participants by June 1, or the trip will be cancelled or re-scheduled and all monies paid by the travelers returned.
Space is limited, please book Early!!!
What are you waiting for? Call now 1-800-ITALY-25 and request the
Italy with Rossella Tour.
Photos from Masseria Torre Coccaro