4 Cheese Mac & Cheese
4 Cheese Mac & Cheese Italian Style - Pasta con 4 formaggi.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Breadcrumb Topping:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
For the Mac & Cheese:
- 1 pound elbow pasta
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons all purpose flour
- dash of nutmeg
- 2 cups whole milk
- 8 ounces provolone cheese, shredded
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper, plus extra for sprinkling at the end
- Put a small saute pan over a medium flame. Add the oil and the breadcrumbs to the pan and stir with a wooden spoon until evenly toasted, about 3-5 minutes. As soon as the breadcrumbs begin to color transfer them to a plate. set aside
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Drop in the pasta and cook for half the time of the package instructions. Drain and run under cold running water to stop the cooking. Set aside.
Put a saucepan over medium high heat and melt the butter. Add in the flour and stir until the flour has been fully absorbed and turns slightly brown. Stir in the milk and the nutmeg and whisk until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl combine the pasta, cheeses, pepper and the white sauce. Toss until fully incorporated. Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish and top with the toasted breadcrumbs. Bake for 30 minutes.
Ive been looking for a Mac & Cheese recipe that will please even the pickiest eaters! I'm so ha...
See Full Review >> - lsacco52