Easy Custard Cream - Pastry Cream
A very Easy and Simple Custard Cream to be used in many Desserts: Zeppole, Cream Puffs, Cakes, etc. Whenever you need a good Pastry Cream, this is the recipe you want to use.
For 1 Batch(es)
For the Cream:
- 3 3/4 cups milk (900 ml)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (100 ml)
- 1 cup sugar (300 gr)
- 3/4 cup corn starch (100 gr)
- 10 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, peel only
- In a bowl, mix the milk, heavy cream, the beaten egg yolks and the vanilla.
- In a pot, add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Put the pot on the stove at medium heath and add the milk mixture. With a wooden spoon start mixing continuously.
- Add the lemon peel and continue to stir non-stop.
- After about 7-8 minutes, the mix will begin to thicken and form a cream.
- Once it reaches the desired cream consistency, remove the pot from the flame, remove the lemon peel and continue to stir for another 30 secs.
- Stir occasionally while the cream is cooling off.
- Once you remove the cream from the stove, transfer to a cooling pan and cover the entire surface of the cream with plastic wrap so that a skin will not form.
PS: This Video Recipe is now available on the Cooking with Nonna TV Channels available on: Roku TV, Apple TV, Amazon Fire and Android. Please search for the Cooking with Nonna channel on your TV platform and enjoy the show on your large TV screen!
Dessert & Cookie Recipes, Baking with Rossella, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, St. Joseph Day Recipes, Zeppole Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Easter Cakes and Cookies, Valentine's Cake and Cookie Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Custard, Pudding and Mousses, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Summer Dessert Recipes, Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes, Bakery Cream Recipes, Christmas Dessert Recipes
How long does it keep and can you freeze it? - Monique Iannuzzi
I made this cream and it was a hit with everyone. The recipe calls for a lot more egg yolks than so...
See Full Review >> - Sassi
Amazing and quick - Gina635
I made the creM last night it is amazing I do bake a lot and have made so many italian cream recipes...
See Full Review >> - Sese
easy to make and just takes a few minutes.....lot's of recipes to use it in - Oceanssurprise15
I made this cream and it was amazing, but i found it a little runny, am i doing something wrong? - ritadig