Easy Custard Cream - Pastry Cream
A very Easy and Simple Custard Cream to be used in many Desserts: Zeppole, Cream Puffs, Cakes, etc. Whenever you need a good Pastry Cream, this is the recipe you want to use.
For 1 Batch(es)
For the Cream:
- 3 3/4 cups milk (900 ml)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (100 ml)
- 1 cup sugar (300 gr)
- 3/4 cup corn starch (100 gr)
- 10 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, peel only
- In a bowl, mix the milk, heavy cream, the beaten egg yolks and the vanilla.
- In a pot, add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Put the pot on the stove at medium heath and add the milk mixture. With a wooden spoon start mixing continuously.
- Add the lemon peel and continue to stir non-stop.
- After about 7-8 minutes, the mix will begin to thicken and form a cream.
- Once it reaches the desired cream consistency, remove the pot from the flame, remove the lemon peel and continue to stir for another 30 secs.
- Stir occasionally while the cream is cooling off.
- Once you remove the cream from the stove, transfer to a cooling pan and cover the entire surface of the cream with plastic wrap so that a skin will not form.
PS: This Video Recipe is now available on the Cooking with Nonna TV Channels available on: Roku TV, Apple TV, Amazon Fire and Android. Please search for the Cooking with Nonna channel on your TV platform and enjoy the show on your large TV screen!
I made this cream and it was a hit with everyone. The recipe calls for a lot more egg yolks than so...
See Full Review >> - Sassi
Amazing and quick - Gina635