Chicken Marsala for a Special Occasion
Chicken Marsala: Worthy of a special occasion!
For 4 Person(s)
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup presliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- YIELD: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast and about 2 1/2 tablespoons sauce)
- COURSE: Main Dishes
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound each piece to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken evenly with salt and pepper.
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in flour, turning to coat; shake off excess flour.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Saute mushrooms in pan then add chicken broth and wine and reduce.
- Return chicken to pan, turning to coat well. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until chicken is done. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve over linguine or angel hair.
Entree Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Intermediate Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Easter Dinner Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Thanksgiving Entree Recipes, Christmas Entree Recipes, Easter Entree Recipes