This is a tried and true recipe that I have made for over 20 years. It is part of Tammie and my Thanksgiving tradition and one of my family’s favorites. Hope you enjoy!
For 12 Person(s)
For the Crust:
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup melted margarine
For the Cheesecake:
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 1 3/4 traspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 5 large eggs
- FOR THE CRUST:
- Combine crumbs and sugar.
- Stir in melted margarine until fully blended.
- Press into bottom of 9” cheesecake pan.
- FOR THE CHEESECAKE:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix with an electric beater in a large bowl the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugars gradually.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add pumpkin and spice.
- Pour into the prepared crust.
- Bake for 1 hour, 45 minutes.
TIPS: The back of a spoon helps smooth and press the crumbs up the sides of the pan. I leave the pan in the fridge while I prepare the filling to help keep the sides firm. Let the cream cheese fully get to room temperature.