Broccoli Potato Bake - Sformato di Patate e Broccoli
Broccoli Potato Bake - Sformato di Patate e Broccoli.
For 8 Person(s)
For the Sformato:
- 4 Yukon Gold Potatoes, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 24 ounces broccoli florets
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano or Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 8 ounces Scamorza or medium Provolone Cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
- Drop the potatoes into a pot of salted boiling water and cook until fork tender, about 25 minutes.
- When the potatoes have about 15 minutes to go drop the broccoli into another pot of salted boiling water. Cook until the broccoli are easily mashed with a fork, about 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Oil a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Drain the potatoes and broccoli and transfer them both to a large mixing bowl. Using w potato masher, mash them together. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Add the eggs and grated cheese, salt, pepper and oil and mix until everything is well combined.
- Take 6oz of the Cheese and cut it up into 1/4 inch cubes. Fold them into the potato broccoli mixture. Spread the mixture into the baking dish and smooth the top with a spoon. Using a grater with large holes, grate the remaining cheese over the top and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs. Drizzle the whole thing with about 2 tablespoons of extra Virgin Olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Raise the temperature to 400 and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the top is nicely browned. Cool for 1 hour before serving.
- *This is also great to make the night before and reheat! Let it come to room temperature for 1 hour from the refrigerator and them reheat at 325 for 30 minutes.
could you please make videos on how to make it - alessandradi