Sausage & Peppers Soup
Sausage & Peppers Soup.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Soup:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound sweet or hot Italian Sausage, casings removed
- 2 onions, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 pound sweet mini peppers, or 3 bell peppers, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 8 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Put a large pot over a medium-high flame and heat the oil. Add the sausage and break it apart with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Cook until browned, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add in the onions and garlic and red pepper flakes if you’re using them. Cook until the onions are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the peppers and cook until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes, water and Bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread and a sprinkle of grated cheese.