Broccoli and Chickpea Soup with Sagnarelli
Broccoli and Chickpea Soup with Sagnarelli Pasta.
For 6 Person(s)
For the Soup:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- 2 medium carrots, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1 medium onion, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 10 cups water or chicken broth
- 2 chicken boulion cubes (do not use if using broth)
- 2 19oz cans chickpeas
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 8 ounces Sagnarelli pasta, or any small cut of pasta you desire
- Get the Sagnarelli Pasta HERE!
- Put a large stockpot over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add in the rosemary and cook for one minute.
- Add in the carrots, onions, garlic and celery and cook until softened, about 7-8 minutes.
Separate out about 1 cup of the chickpeas and mash them with a wooden spoon. Add the whole and mashed chickpeas to the pot.
- Add in the water and bouillon or water to the pot and bring to a boil.
Add in the broccoli and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drop the Sagnarelli pasta into a large pot of salted boiling water. Cook about 3 minutes less than the package instructions.
- Drain and add the pasta to the pot with the soup.
- Serve with a generous sprinkle of grated Parmigiano reggiano cheese.