Key Lime Mascarpone Tart
Key Lime Mascarpone Tart.
For 1 Batch(es)
For the Lime Curd:
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 lemons, zest only
- 1 cup sugar
- 7 large eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
For the crust:
- 12 ounces Zuppalatte Cookies
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
For the whipped cream topping:
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 packet Vanillina powder or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the filling:
- 16 ounces mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 2 packets Vanillina powder or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Yield: 1-11 inch round tart
- Get the ingredients needed for this recipe HERE
- To make the lemon curd:
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and egg yolks together and set aside.
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pan combine the sugar, zest, juice and egg mixture together and whisk on a medium low heat until mixture thickens and can coat the back of a spoon. About 15 minutes.
- Stir in butter and then remove from heat when it's melted.
- Strain and let cool before using. Keep refrigerated.
- To make the whipped cream:
- Add the whipping cream and Vanillina to a mixing bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
To make the crust:
- In a food processor, process the cookies until they are very fine crumbs. About 45 seconds.
- In a bowl, add the melted butter to the crumbs and form a paste. Press into and 11 inch loose bottom tart pan making sure the crumbs are even all around the edges. You may also use the bottom of a glass to flatten it out.
- Place the tart pan in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
For the Filling:
- In a bowl add 2 cups of lime Curd to the Mascarpone and vanilla. Mix with a hand mixer until smooth and combined.
- Pour into the chilled crust and spread the whipped cream over it.
- Let the tart set in the refrigerator for about 4 hours or overnight.
- Decorate with lime wedges and zest