Cherry Mascarpone Cake
Cherry Mascarpone Cake.
For 8 Person(s)
For the Cake:
- 2 1/3 cups 00 or all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 packets Vanillina powder or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces Mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (half stick) melted and cooled
- 2 cups fresh cherries, pitted and halved, plus more for decorating the top
- confectioners sugar to decorate
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10 inch round pan with baking spray or grease with butter.
- * I used one of our fluted nonstick pans HERE
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl combine the sugar eggs and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until pale yellow and fluffy. About 5 minutes.
- Beat in the mascarpone on low speed until smooth.
- Add in the dry ingredients until just absorbed. Do not over mix.
- Using a spatula or a wooden spoon, fold in the cherries and finally the melted and cooled butter.
- Arrange the halved cherries over the top of the cake and bake for 40-45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely and dust with confectioners sugar.