Almond Ricotta Cake
Almond Ricotta Cake.
For 8 Person(s)
For the Cake:
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 packets Vanillina Powder or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- 15 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese, room temperature
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup 00 or all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- sliced almonds and confectioners sugar for decorating
- Get the ingredients you need for this recipe HERE!
- Preheat your oven to 350F, Spray a 9 inch spring form pan with baking spray.
- In a mixing bowl combine the butter, sugar and vanilla. Using an electric mixer beat until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add in the almond extract and lemon zest and mix until combined.
- Add in the ricotta and beat until fully incorporated.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time making sure each one is fully incorporated after each addition.
- Add in the almond flour and beat until absorbed.
- Add in the remaining dry ingredients and beat until just absorbed. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and top with the sliced almonds. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool and dust with confectioners sugar as desired.