Coffee Granita - Granita di Caffe`
Coffee Granita - Granita di Caffe`: My favorite Italian summer dessert is a classic coffee granita! Whenever I eat it I like to pretend I'm in an Italian bar in a Piazza! Coffee Granita is so easy to make, but many people have different methods. Some make it by freezing coffee in a container and shaking it periodically, some use the fork rake method, some keep the coffee black and I've even seen people add milk! This is is a very basic coffee granita that you can absolutely modify and sweeten to your own taste. I almost always have my coffee granita with fresh, barely sweetened whipped cream because whipped cream is always a good idea! Tip: I love to add a spoonful of granita to some cold espresso that I keep in the fridge for a next level iced coffee!
For 2 Person(s)
For the Granita:
- 4 cups Cups Espresso Coffee at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons Tbsp Sugar (you can use more or less depending on how sweet you like it. I find that 4 Tbsp isn't too sweet at all!)
- Pour the coffee and sugar into a shallow baking. Cover with cling wrap and place in the freezer for 4-6 hours.
- Rake with a fork, focusing on the sides every hour making sure the mixture never freezes solid.
- The granita is done when it reaches the texture of ice flakes.
- Spoon into cups and top with fresh whipped cream.
Please Follow me on Instagram!