Savory Sun Dried Tomato & Pistachio Cookies
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 1 1/3 cups 00 or all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano or Pecorino cheese
- 1 large egg
- 5 tablespoons softened butter
- 5 sun dried tomatoes in oil chopped
- 1/4 cup pancetta/prosciutto/salami cubed, 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pistachios plus more whole pistachios for decorating
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Get the Products/Ingredients you neeed for this recipe HERE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, cheese, salt, pepper and oregano. Add in the butter, chopped pistachios, cubed meat and tomatoes.
- Mix with your hands until a dough forms.
- Using a tablespoon of dough at a time, roll into about 20 balls and place them 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Using the palm of your hand, gently flatten the cookies slightly. Top with a few whole pistachios.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.