Limoncello, authentic recipe from the Amalfi Coast to make a very refreshing after dinner liqueur using organic lemons. This recipe produces limoncello with a kick. Optionally you can increase the amount of water to make it less potent.
- Pour all the alcohol in a large sealable jar.
- Wash the lemons and with a very sharp knife cut the zest very finely without removing any of the white part of the skin.
- Place the zest in the jar with the alcohol. Repeat the process for all the lemons.
- Store the jar in a dark place for 20 days.
- After the 20 days, put 750 Ml of water in a pot and add the sugar. Boil the water so that the sugar completely melts.
- Let the water completely cool off and add the alcohol. Discard the zest.
- Mix the water and alcohol well and bottle.
- Let the Limoncello cure for about 20 days in a dark area.
- Place one bottle in the freezer for serving. Serve ice cold.
- PS: The color of the Limoncello will vary depending on the color of the lemons. It is ok to use lemons that are also a little green. In this case the Limoncello will have a greener color but still be great!
Nonna Romana Sciddurlo, Dessert & Cookie Recipes, Puglia Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Cooking with Rossella, Valentine's Day Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Drinks & Spirits, Memorial Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Valentine's Cake and Cookie Recipes, Custard, Pudding and Mousses, Summer Dessert Recipes, Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes, Lemon Recipes