Limoncello, authentic recipe from the Amalfi Coast to make a very refreshing after dinner liqueur using organic lemons. This recipe produces limoncello with a kick. Optionally you can increase the amount of water to make it less potent.
For 2 Batch(es)
For the Limoncello:
- 12 medium sized very fresh organic lemons
- 750 ml Alcohol (grain alcohol)
- 750 ml water
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- Pour all the alcohol in a large sealable jar.
- Wash the lemons and with a very sharp knife cut the zest very finely without removing any of the white part of the skin.
- Place the zest in the jar with the alcohol. Repeat the process for all the lemons.
- Store the jar in a dark place for 20 days.
- After the 20 days, put 750 Ml of water in a pot and add the sugar. Boil the water so that the sugar completely melts.
- Let the water completely cool off and add the alcohol. Discard the zest.
- Mix the water and alcohol well and bottle.
- Let the Limoncello cure for about 20 days in a dark area.
- Place one bottle in the freezer for serving. Serve ice cold.
- PS: The color of the Limoncello will vary depending on the color of the lemons. It is ok to use lemons that are also a little green. In this case the Limoncello will have a greener color but still be great!
Nonna Romana Sciddurlo, Dessert & Cookie Recipes, Puglia Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Cooking with Rossella, Valentine's Day Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Drinks & Spirits, Memorial Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Valentine's Cake and Cookie Recipes, Custard, Pudding and Mousses, Summer Dessert Recipes, Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes, Lemon Recipes
Can this be stored in a plastic container, or does it have to be glass? Thank you! - ChristineDew
It\'s very close to my father-in-law\'s recipe (he\'s originally from Naples). It\'s always a hit wh...
See Full Review >> - artrox