Soft Lemon Amaretti Cookies Recipe
Soft Lemon Amaretti Cookies Recipe.
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 8 ounces blanced almonds
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 packet of Italian Vanilla Powder or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
- confectioners sugar for rolling
Nonna's Cheese Grater
Get one in La Bottega!
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Spray with baking spray and set aside.
- Add the almonds to the bowl of a food processor and process until the almonds are finely ground, about 2 minutes. Remove to a mixing bowl.
- Add the lemon zest, juice, sugar, extract and the egg white. Using your hands, mix until the almonds have fully absorbed all the ingredients. You should have a paste that holds it’s shape. Don’t worry if the mix is sticky!
- Using a tablespoon roll the paste into a ball and roll in the confectioners sugar. Place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bottoms of the cookies have lightly browned.
- The cookies will be very soft out of the oven. Allow them to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before attempting to move them.