Mini Chocolate Souffles'
I saw a recipe that inspired me to create this dessert. At first, I was afraid to try it. Souffle' is a tough dessert to master but I was pleasantly surprised by the results!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Souffle`:
- 3 1/2 ounces dark chocolate large bar (on label it will also say 100 gr which is perfect)
- 3 1/2 ounces of any other chocolate (white, milk or, in my case, Gianduia chocolate), cut up in small chunks
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 8 ounces butter
- 1 heaping tablespoon of sifted flour (I used 00 which is lighter)
- powdered sugar and berries to decorate
- Place dark chocolate (broken into pieces) and butter in glass bowl in microwave until just melted.
- Let it cool off a bit and gently add sugar first, eggs next and finally the sifted flour.
- Cover the mixture with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- When you are ready for dessert, generously butter 4 ramekins.
- Use half of the chocolate batter for the bottom of the ramekins making sure to divide equally among them.
- Place 1/4 of your chopped chocolate of choice in the middle of each ramekin.
- Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake in hot (425F) oven for 8-12 minutes until crust forms on top.
- Do not overbake or they will be dry!
- Serve each souffle' on individual plates (after turning it upside down) sprinkled with powdered sugar and decorated with fresh berries.
Please Follow me on Instagram!
Make sure to bake this dessert when you are ready to eat it! Don't bake it ahead! You can make the batter in the morning and bake it at night but, if you get a craving for it late in the afternoon/evening, just make the souffles, up to the point prior to baking it, and place them in the freezer for about 10 to 15 minutes before baking. Souffle' batter has to be cold to be successful!! :)