Lemon Olive Oil Cake
Lemon Olive Oil Cake.
For 8 Person(s)
For the Cake:
- 2 3/4 cups 00 or all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup Botticelli extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons, zest on juice
- 1/2 cup whole milk, room temperature
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Just arrived from Italy!
Nonna's Cheese Grater!
The Perfect Christmas Gift
for every Italian Home!
Get one in La Bottega!
- For the Cake:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 10 inch bundt pan with butter or baking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla and lemon zest together on high speed until fluffy and pale yellow, about 5 minutes.
- Lower the speed to low and add in the Olive Oil and lemon juice. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Alternate adding in the dry ingredients with the milk ending with the dry ingredients. Mix just until all the dry ingredients are absorbed. Do not over mix.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 35-45 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to a plate to cool completely.
- For the Glaze:
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the Confectioners Sugar and lemon juice until smooth. You can make the glaze as thin or as thick as you like by adding more or less lemon juice.
- Pour over cooled cake and serve.
Dessert & Cookie Recipes, Baking with Rossella, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Easter Cakes and Cookies, Cakes and Pies Recipes, Summer Dessert Recipes, Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes, Lemon Recipes