Ricotta Chocolate Chip Ciambella Cake
Ricotta Chocolate Chip Ciambella Cake.
For 10 Person(s)
For the Ciambella:
- 2 cups plus 1 teaspoon all purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons mini semi sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 packets Vanillina or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided - Vanillina available in La Bottega
- 1/2 cup olive oil (Not Extra Virgin)
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- confectioners sugar for dusting
Try La Pasta della Nonna in
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a tube pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- Add 1 Teaspoon of the flour to the bowl with 1/2 Cup of the chocolate chips. Toss until they are coated in flour. Set aside
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together 2 cups of the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the eggs, yolk, sugar and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Add in the oil and beat until combined. Beat in the Ricotta until just incorporated.
- Beat in the dry ingredients until just incorporated. Do not over mix. The batter will be thick. Fold in the chocolate chips tossed in flour and spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Top with the remaining 2 tablespoons of chocolate chip.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Cool and dust with confectioners sugar as desired.
I made this today, pretty easy, haven't tried it yet going to serve for dessert. My Question: Does...
See Full Review >> - Laurabelldi
I haven’t made this yet but very excited to try it. Does this need to be refrigerated? - kgal
This is delicious! Made today mainly because I was out of butter, so glad I tried this, thank you!! - Gianna711