A Classic Asparagus Frittata... a family favorite that you can make with any vegetable that you like!
For 10 Person(s)
For the Frittata:
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 2 cups grated Pecorino cheese
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 10 large eggs
- 6 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons fresh mint - finely chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Clean the asparagus by removing the hard part. Wash and cut into small pieces and dry.
- In a bowl, add the asparagus, bread crumbs, cheese, garlic and mint and mix well. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- In a separate bowl beat the 10 eggs with the milk. Add the eggs to the mixture and mix very well. Add 4 Tbs of EV olive oil and continue mixing.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F.
- In a 12" cast iron skillet add 1/2 cup of EV olive oil and put on the stove. Once the oil is hot, add the mixture to the pan and quickly spread it evenly.
- Let it cook for about 2-3 minutes on the stove and then transfer the pan to the top level of your oven.
- Let it cook for 50 minutes (or once the top colors to your liking) and you will have a perfect and crispy Frittata.
The Cooking with Nonna Cookbook...
The Best Mother's Day Gift For Your
Mamma & Nonna!
Please Follow me on Instagram!
PS: You can substitute the Asparagus with any other vegetable that you prefer!