Baked Asparagus Frittata
Baked Asparagus Frittata.
For 9 Person(s)
For the Frittata:
- One bunch fresh Asparagus, washed and ends trimmed
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup whole milk ricotta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper as desired
- Put a pan with a lid large enough to hold the asparagus spears over a medium-high flame. Pour enough water in to cover the bottom of the pan. Add the asparagus and cover. Cook for 10 minutes.
*You may also use a steam basket if you have one.
- Remove to a plate and preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Oil a 9 inch springform pan.
- Arrange the asparagus in the springform pan. You can either lay them flat or twist them.
- In a mixing bowl combine the eggs, cheese, ricotta, oil and thyme that has been removed from the sprigs. Mix until smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the asparagus. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the top of the frittata is golden brown.