Fresh Peach and Amaretti Cake
Fresh Peach and Amaretti Cake.
For 10 Person(s)
For the Cake:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 8 ounces Mascarpone cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup 00 or all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 3 peaches, divided. 2 peeled and cut into 1/2 inch chunks, one cut into 1/4 inch thick slices with skin on.
- 2 tablespoons peach jam
- 8 Amaretti cookies, crushed into crumbs
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 inch round pan with baking spray or grease with butter.
* I used one of our fluted nonstick pans HERE
- In a mixing bowl combine the sugar eggs and almond extract. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until pale yellow and fluffy. About 5 minutes.
- Beat in the mascarpone on low speed until smooth.
- Add in the dry ingredients until just absorbed. Do not over mix.
- Using a spatula or a wooden spoon, fold in the chopped peaches.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and using a teaspoon, dollop the peach jam all over the cake.
- Arrange the peach slices around the edge of the cake leaving a 1 inch border.
- Top with the crushed amaretti cookies. To easily crush them, place them in a zipper top plastic bag and crush them with a glass or a jar.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.