This is an easy Homemade liquor recipe that works with lemons, oranges or limes. This recipe will produce 3 750ml bottles of liquor.
For 3 Batch(es)
For the Orangecello:
- 750 ml Everclear 100% grain alcohol
- 6 cups sugar
- 3 cups water
- 10 oranges, rinds only
- Peel the rinds off the oranges (just the color part, no whites) and place them in a container
- Pour the bottle of grain alcohol over the oranges making sure they are covered.
- Cover the container and let it sit. A week works for me.
- At a weeks time, take the sugar and water and boil them until the sugar dissolves. (This will yield 1500ml of simple syrup)
- After the syrup has cooled, strain the alcohol out of the rinds.
- We are looking to achieve an alcohol level of 33% or 66 proof.
- Mix the 750ml of alcohol to1500ml of the syrup. Bottle it and let it sit for two weeks.
Freeze or refrigerate and enjoy! Another way instead of making the syrup is put 1500ml of water in a container with 12 oz of sugar and let it sit for about 2 days. The sugar will dissolve without heating. When the alcohol is ready you can then mix the alcohol and water\sugar solution. This method is obviously less sweet and the finished product is thinner. Both have the same alcohol content.
PS: 1 Batch = 750 ml bottle
Really easy, except 95% Everclear is illegal in many states. - Ron Owens