Galui's Cannoli Cups
This is our twist on this delicious traditional Italian dessert. No need for a special dough or forms. The filling is so delicious.
For 12 Person(s)
For the Cannoli Cups:
- 1 pound whole ticotta cheese
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar (extra for garnish)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange zest (extra for garnish)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- package of Round Wraps (dumpling wraps)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Make Cannoli Filling:
- Mix together first four ingredients.
- Mix well till creamy.
- Add Chocolate Chips. Put in fridge for at least two hours.
- To make Cups:
- Take a mini muffin pan turned upside down.
- Put Oil in a small saucepan, heat on medium heat till hot.
- Whisk together well Eggs, Pumpkin Pie Spice, & Sugar.
- Dip one wrap in mixture & fry till nice & crisp.
- Lay on one cup of muffin pan, take a sheet of Wax Paper & a thin towel, form over pan to make a nice cup (don't press down but form from sides), hold for about thirty seconds. Set on paper towel
- Repeat to make all cups
- Let cool the lightly dust with Powdered Sugar.
- Add Cannoli filling, serve same day.
Make sure your oil is not too hot.