Galui's Cannoli Cups
This is our twist on this delicious traditional Italian dessert. No need for a special dough or forms. The filling is so delicious.
For 12 Person(s)
For the Cannoli Cups:
- 1 pound whole ticotta cheese
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar (extra for garnish)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange zest (extra for garnish)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- package of Round Wraps (dumpling wraps)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Nonna's Cheese Grater
Get one in La Bottega!
- Make Cannoli Filling:
- Mix together first four ingredients.
- Mix well till creamy.
- Add Chocolate Chips. Put in fridge for at least two hours.
- To make Cups:
- Take a mini muffin pan turned upside down.
- Put Oil in a small saucepan, heat on medium heat till hot.
- Whisk together well Eggs, Pumpkin Pie Spice, & Sugar.
- Dip one wrap in mixture & fry till nice & crisp.
- Lay on one cup of muffin pan, take a sheet of Wax Paper & a thin towel, form over pan to make a nice cup (don't press down but form from sides), hold for about thirty seconds. Set on paper towel
- Repeat to make all cups
- Let cool the lightly dust with Powdered Sugar.
- Add Cannoli filling, serve same day.
Make sure your oil is not too hot.
Dessert & Cookie Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Christmas Cookies Recipes, Easter Cakes and Cookies, Valentine's Cake and Cookie Recipes, Pastry and Tart Recipes, Summer Dessert Recipes, Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes, Cannoli Recipes