Apple Sambuca Cake with Semolina
Apple Sambuca Cake with Semolina.
Father's Day Recipes:
For 10 Person(s)
For the Cake:
- 2 1/2 cups semolina flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 Granny Smith apples
- 1/3 cup Sambuca liqueur, plus extra for drizzling
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 lenon, zest only
- 1 cup olive oil (Not extra virgin)
- 2 packets Vanillina or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- confectioners sugar for decorating
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 inch Springform pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- Add the semolina flour, salt and baking powder to a bowl and whisk them together. Set aside.
- Peel the apples and chop 3 of them into chunks about 1/2 inch in size. Add them to a bowl with the 1/3 cup of sambuca. Toss apples to coat. Take the 4th Apple and slice it add it to a separate bowl and drizzle the slices with a little extra sambuca to prevent browning.
- Add the eggs and sugar to a separate mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in the lemon zest, oil and vanilla.
- Lower the speed of the mixer and add in the dry ingredients. Mix until all the flour is just absorbed. Do not over mix. Fold in the chopped apples, along with all the sambuca in the bowl and pour into the prepared pan.
- Arrange the sliced apples on top of the cake. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Dust with confectioners sugar before serving.
- PS: This recipe was adapted from Domenica Marchetti’s recipe HERE