Farro and Tuna Salad - Insalata di Farro e Tonno
This is a very light and healthy salad.
For 1 Person(s)
For the Farro:
- 1 cup farro
- 5 ounces tuna in olive oil
- 1/2 cup tomatoes - diced
- 1/3 red onion - diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- 10 Kalamata olives - diced
The Nonna Knives are Back!
You can't cook without them!
- Boil the farro in salted water for about 15-20 minutes, or according to the instructions on the package.
- Drain the farro and let it cool.
- Drain the oil from tuna can. Rinse, pat dry and dice the tomatoes.
- Diced the kalamata olives and the red onion.
- In a bowl add the cooled farro, the tomatoes, red onion, the kalamata olives and the tuna.
- Brake gently with a fork the tuna in pieces. Add the olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper and toss gently. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Sprinkle on top some chives for decoration.
- Buon Appetito!
Please Follow me on Instagram!