A favorite recipe from my Sardinian family! Taste it and enjoy la bella vita!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Fregola:
- 1 pound Sardinian semolina fregola
- 1/3 cup grated Pecorino Sardo cheese
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 medium sized chopped onions
- 1 sprig of fresh parsley
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- Cook the fregola in the meat broth for 10-15 minutes, and drain if necessary, setting the broth aside.
- In a pan, simmer the chopped onion in some olive oil, then add the chopped parsley.
- In a baking dish, spread a layer of the fregola, then a layer of the cooked onion and a sprinkle of Pecorino Sardo cheese. Repeat until all ingredients are used.
- Cook in a 375° oven for 20 minutes. The fregola is ready when it is dry enough to be eaten with a fork.
Use the Code CWN20 to Get 20% OFF
On my New T-Shirts!
Appetizer Recipes, First Course Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Recipes from Sardegna, Valentine's Day Recipes, Thanksgiving Appetizers and Sides Recipes, Thanksgiving First Course Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes