Lasagne with Three Cheeses
Lasagne with Three Cheeses... the Queen of the Italian Cuisine. Also known as Lasagna.
PS: This Video Recipe is also available on the Cooking with Nonna TV Channels available on: Roku TV, Apple TV, Amazon Fire and Android.
For 8 Person(s)
For the Lasagne:
- 1 1/2 pounds Lasagne pasta
- 6 cups peeled tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground veal
- 1/2 pound Italian pork sausage removed from the casing
- 1 large onion
- 1 large shallot
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds mozzarella
- 1 pound ricotta
- grated parmigiano cheese
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 chicken or beef broth cubes
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper
- 2 teaspoon fresh parsley
- 3 leaves fresh basil
- extra virgin olive oil
- Sauce Preparation:
- Cover the bottom of a large pan with EV olive oil and put on a medium flame.
- Chop the onion, the shallot and the garlic and add to the pan.
- Once the onion becomes translucent add the three meats broken in small granules so that the meat can saute` more uniformly.
- Once the meat has browned, add the peeled tomatoes and the tomato paste.
- Use an immersion blender to chop the tomatoes and the meat very finely. Should you not have an immersion blender then be sure to liquefy the peeled tomatoes in a blender before you add them to the pan.
- Add the parsley and the basil.
- Add the butter and the hot pepper.
- Let everything cook for 30 minutes at medium heat to reduce the sauce.
- Assembly of the Lasagne:
- Cook the lasagne until it is very "Al Dente" as it will continue to cook later in the oven. (Add some olive oil to the water to make sure that the Lasagne sheets do not stick together. Also, once it is cooked, replace the hot water with cold water to stop the cooking process and lets you handle the sheets without getting burned.)
- Take a deep baking pan and cover the bottom with a generous layer of sauce.
- Lay a layer of lasagne followed by a thin layer of ricotta, pieces of mozzarella and a generous sprinkle of Parmigiano cheese.
- Repeat the process with another coating of sauce, a layer of lasagne, ricotta, mozzarella and Parmigiano. Continue to repeat the process until you reach the top of the pan.
- The last coating should be a layer of sauces, mozzarella and Parmigiano cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 400F for 40 minutes.
- Let the lasagne rest for 15 Mins. before serving.
First Course Recipes, Meat Recipes, Pasta Recipes, Nonna Rina Mulazzi, Emilia Romagna Recipes, Intermediate Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Lasagne Recipes, Ricotta Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Baked Pasta Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Easter Dinner Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Thanksgiving First Course Recipes, Christmas First Course Recipes, Easter First Course Recipes, Sunday Dinner Recipes
Thursday, 14 December 2017
It\'s the same recipe I learned from my mother. I have been making it for 45 years , it\'s always a ...
See Full Review >> - Mimi Pantano
Thursday, 14 December 2017
thnx for recipe :) - Saint of circumstance
Thursday, 08 September 2016
I assume you add the broth into the tomato sauce - Coluccio