Passatelli in Beef Broth
Passatelli in Beef Broth, a specialty from the region of Emilia-Romagna.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Passatelli:
- 1/4 pound grated Parmigiano cheese
- 1/4 pound plain bread crumbs
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- In a large bowl mix the grated Parmigiano and the bread crumbs.
- Add the lemon zest, the nutmeg and the salt and mix very well.
- Beat the eggs and add them to the bowl. With your hands mix everything well until you have a dough with a firm consistency.
- If the mix is too soft, add a bit of bread crumbs. Too hard, add a bit of milk.
- Wrap the ball in plastic paper and let it rest for 2-3 hours at room temperature.
- Unwrap the ball, take a piece and put it in a potato ricer with large round holes.
- Extrude the mix in strings of 1 1/2 inch long.
- Meantime you have prepared a beef broth.
- Dump the Passatelli in the boiling broth ans once they rise to the surface (1-2 mins) they are done.
- Serve with a sprinkle of Parmigiano and fresh black pepper.
- PS: Passatelli can be served with any broth that you prefer or even with a tomato sauce or pesto sauce!
The Cooking with Nonna Cookbook
How Can You Cook Without it?
Please Follow me on Instagram!