Pistachio Cupcakes with Honey Mascarpone Frosting
Pistachio Cupcakes with Honey Mascarpone Frosting.
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Cupcakes:
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup and leveled-off
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups pistachios (plus more for garnish)
- 8 ounces unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup buttermilk
For the Frosting:
- 16 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 8 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons honey, plus more for drizzling
Nonna's Cheese Grater
Get one in La Bottega!
- For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- Add the pistachios to a food processor and process until finely ground. About 30-45 seconds. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer beat butter and sugar on medium speed until fluffy. Beat in the vanilla and processed pistachios.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time making sure each is fully incorporated before adding the next.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and begin adding the dry ingredients alternating with the buttermilk. Be sure to end with flour. Mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners. Fill about 3/4 of the way. Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- For the Frosting:
- In a stand mixer on low speed beat the mascarpone cheese with the honey until smooth.
- With and electric mixer beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone cheese. Use immediately.
- Drizzle the cupcakes with extra honey and decorate with crushed pistachios.
Dessert & Cookie Recipes, Baking with Rossella, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, St. Patrick's Day Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Easter Cakes and Cookies, Valentine's Cake and Cookie Recipes, Cupcake Recipes, Summer Dessert Recipes, Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes, Christmas Dessert Recipes