Pasta Salad with Figs and Heirloom Tomatoes
Pasta Salad with Figs and Heirloom Tomatoes.
For 6 Person(s)
For the Pasta Salad:
- 2 pints small Heirloom Tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 + 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 5 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 fresh figs, stems trimmed and quartered
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 cup Campanelle pasta (or any other shape you prefer)
Nonna's Cheese Grater
Get one in La Bottega!
- In a large mixing bowl combine the sliced tomatoes, 1/4 cup of the oil and the torn basil leaves.
- Drop the pasta into a pot of generously salted boiling water.
- While the pasta is cooking heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet over a medium flame and add the red pepper flakes and sliced garlic. Cook for 30 seconds and add the Figs to the pan. Cook until the Figs begin to breakdown, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat
- Once the pasta is al dente drain it and add it to the bowl with the tomatoes. Add the cheeses in immediately and toss well to coat. The heat of the pasta will begin to melt the cheese.
- Pour the oil and Fig mixture over the pasta and mix together. Serve chilled.