Chocolate Glazed S Cookies
Chocolate Glazed S Cookies.
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar plus extra for sprinkling
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
For the Glaze:
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- colored nonpareils for decorating
- For the cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a 13x18 inch baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Spray with baking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the eggs, sugar and oil. Mix on medium speed until all the ingredients are combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until a soft dough comes together, about 3-4 minutes. Do not over mix! The dough should be soft but stiff enough that it does not stick to your hands.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix.
- Working with a handful of dough at a time, roll out the dough into a 1 inch thick rope.
- Cut 5-6 inch pieces and shape each piece into an S shape about 2 inches apart. Gently press each cookie to flatten them slightly.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Cool completely before glazing.
- To make the glaze:
- In a small bowl whisk together the confectioners sugar, vanilla and milk until smooth. Drizzle over the cookies or dip the cookies in the glaze and place on a wire rack to allow excess to drip off.
- Decorate with nonpareils as desired.
When you say olive oil in the recipe is it extra virgin or light olive oil? - Italmamacita