Escarole & Bean Soup with Elbow Pasta
Escarole & Bean Soup with Elbow Pasta.
For 6 Person(s)
For the Soup:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small carrots cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1 medium onion cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1 celery stalk cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 8 cups chicken broth
- one 19 oz can Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 head of escarole, ends trimmed and cut into 1 inch strips
- salt and black pepper as desired
- 1 pound elbow pasta
- grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
March 19th is
St. Joseph's Day!!!
Get your Complete
St. Joseph Box
- Put a large stock pot over a medium flame and heat the oil.
- Add the carrots, onions and celery to the pan and saute until softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the broth, beans and tomatoes to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Add in the escarole and cook until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drop the pasta into a pot of salted boiling water and cook about half the time of the package instructions.
- Drain and add the pasta to the soup pot and cook until al dente, about 1-2 more minutes.
- Serve in warm bowls with crusty bread and a sprinkle of parmigiano reggiano cheese.