This is a play on the classic Champagne cocktail with an Italian twist. Instead of bitters, the sugar cube is soaked in Amaro Averna, an Italian digestif that gives the libation a little twist and offsets the sweetness.
For 1 Person(s)
For the Cocktail:
- 1 sugar cube
- 1 ounce Amaro Averna, or any Italian Amaro liqueur
- 4 ounces prosecco
- 1 ounce Campari
- Amarena Cherries for garnish
- Get the Amarena Cherries HERE
- Place the sugar cube at the bottom of a champagne flute. Pour the Amaro over it and let stand for 30 seconds.
- Pour the prosecco into the flute and top with the Campari. Add an amarena cherry to the rim of the glass for garnish.