Farro and Arugula Salad
Farro and Arugula Salad... and with cubes of Asiago Cheese.
For 2 Person(s)
For the Farro:
- 1/4 pound farro
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 1/4 pound Asiago Fresco cheese - cubed
- of 1 Orange
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & fresh black pepper
- 1/4 pound homemade Gastride
- Cook the farro in salted water for about 30 mins. or according to the instructions on the package. Drain and let the farro cool completely.
- Put the farro in a bowl, add about 2 Tbs of EV olive oil and toss.
- Break the arugula in half by hand and add to the bowl. Mix well.
- Add the Asiago cheese and mix well.
- Add the juice of the orange and mix well.
- Add salt and fresh black pepper as desired and plate.
- Drizzle the salad with Gastrite and serve.
- You can make the Gastride by slowly boiling 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar and by adding 1 Tbs of sugar. Let it slowly boil until it reduces to about 1/2 the volume.
Please Follow me on Instagram!