Fish Parmigiana... a traditional Christmas fish dish from Campania to be also enjoyed the rest of the year!
- Dip the fish in flour and then in egg wash and fry the fish until lightly golden. Dry on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Slice the eggplant thin, dip the slices in flour and the egg wash just like the fish and fry them as well.
- Salt both the fried fish and the fried eggplant and begin assembling them in layers.
- On a plate, place a slice of fish, then a slice of eggplant, a tablespoon of tomato sauce, topped by a slice of mozzarella.
- Repeat the layering process again and place the finished product in the over at 350F for 5 minutes to give a chance to the mozzarella to melt a little.