New Year's Eve-Day Lentil Soup
Nonna's Lentil Soup... the "Must Make" recipe on New Year's Eve or Day... and any other day of the year!
For 6 Person(s)
For the Lentils:
- 1 pound dry lentils
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 generous sprig of fresh rosemary
- 2 carrots, cubed
- hot pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
March 19th is
St. Joseph's Day!!!
Get your Complete
St. Joseph Box
- Wash the lentils and put them in a deep pot.
- Cover the lentils with water with 1 1/2" of water above the lentils.
- Add all the other ingredients except the EV Olive Oil.
- Cover the pot and let all the content come to a boil. Let it boil for about 10 mins.
- Uncover the pot and let it continue to cook. On the side boil some hot water and add it to the pot if the lentils become too dry.
- Cook for another 10 mins. Taste the lentils and stop cooking them when they reach your desired tenderness.
- Serve with a drizzle of good EV Olive Oil.
I use a pound of lentils and a few beef marrow bones really intensifies the flavor of the soup along...
See Full Review >> - thebigsalami
Wonderful - Rjwent74
I have made this before. It is very good - Richard2