Penne with Fava Beans - Penne con Fave
Penne with Fava beans was usually made the next day with the leftover Fava beans that had been made for the Chicory with Fava beans.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 1 pound penne (Rigate preferably)
- 1 small finely sliced onion
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- fava beans leftover from the Chicory with Fave (see Recipe)
- Boil the penne to an Al Dente consistency.
- Warm up the fava beans.
- Pour the penne in a serving pasta bowl and add the fava beans.
- Mix everything until the penne are uniformily coated with the fava beans.
- In a saute` pan add the olive oil and make it hot.
- Add the sliced onion and when it turns golden pour over the penne.
- Mix well and serve.
PS: Penne can be substituted with any large pasta. Preferably you should use pasta that is not smooth so that it will catch more of the fava beans puree.
Nonna Anna Buonsante, First Course Recipes, Italian Pasta Recipes, Puglia Recipes, Intermediate Recipes, All Recipes, Dry Fava Beans Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Easy Pasta Recipes, Heart Friendly First Courses Recipes, Vegetarian First Course Recipes, Vegan First Course Recipes, Mediterranean Diet First Course Recipes, Cucina Povera della Nonna