Penne with Fava Beans - Penne con Fave
Penne with Fava beans was usually made the next day with the leftover Fava beans that had been made for the Chicory with Fava beans.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 1 pound penne (Rigate preferably)
- 1 small finely sliced onion
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- fava beans leftover from the Chicory with Fave (see Recipe)
- Boil the penne to an Al Dente consistency.
- Warm up the fava beans.
- Pour the penne in a serving pasta bowl and add the fava beans.
- Mix everything until the penne are uniformily coated with the fava beans.
- In a saute` pan add the olive oil and make it hot.
- Add the sliced onion and when it turns golden pour over the penne.
- Mix well and serve.
The Cooking with Nonna Cookbook
How Can You Cook Without it?
Please Follow me on Instagram!
PS: Penne can be substituted with any large pasta. Preferably you should use pasta that is not smooth so that it will catch more of the fava beans puree.