Penne with Sausage and Mushrooms
Penne with Sausage and Mushrooms... you will love this simple and easy to make pasta dish.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 1 pound Penne pasta
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 10 ounces baby Portobello mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (enough to cover the bottom of the pan)
- Cook pasta in slated boiling water until al dente
- With a fork, poke holes through the sausage casing all over the link or links.
- Brown the sausage in the olive oil evenly on all sides. About 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and slice the sausage into round slices. Set aside.
- Cook the garlic and rosemary in the rendered fat until the garlic starts to brown.
- Add in the wine and reduce. Add in the mushrooms and the sausage back into the pan and cook for another 5-7 minutes. (Make sure there are no pink spots in your sausage slices before you add in the pasta)
- Add about a half cup of pasta water if the pan is dry.
- Add the pasta to the pan and toss together for 1 minute. Turn off the heat and add the cheese. Toss together and remove the rosemary sprig before serving.