For 1 Batch(es)
For the Focaccia:
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 packet instant yeast
- 20 ounces canned pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon salt, plus extra for sprinkling on top of the focaccia
- 5 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Yield: one 13x18 inch focaccia.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and yeast.
- Make a well and add the pumpkin, 2 tablespoons of the oil and the salt. Using your hands, mix until all the flour is absorbed and a supple dough forms.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place in a warm place to rise for 3 hours, or until the dough has doubled in volume.
- Brush 1/4 cup of the oil onto a 13x18 inch pan.
- Spread the focaccia in the pan making indentations all over with your fingers.
- Drizzle the remaining 1/4 cup of oil over the dough and top with Rosemary and salt as desired.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 40 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 465 degrees.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the bottom of the focaccia is nicely browned.