Amaretto Pumpkin Pie
Amaretto Pumpkin Pie.
For 8 Person(s)
For teh Crust:
- 4 ounces Amaretti cookies, plus more for garnishing
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
For the Filling:
- 15 ounces pure pumpkin paste
- 8 ounces almond paste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Amaretto liqueur
- 2 large eggs
- 1 packet Italian Vanilla Powder or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
For the Amaretto Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto liqueur
- 1 tablespoon confectioners sugar
- splash of vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9 inch pie plate. Not deep dish. Set aside.
- To make the crust:
- In a food processor combine the amaretti cookies, almonds, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Process until finely ground, about 20 seconds.
- Drizzle in melted butter and process until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Press into the pie plate using the bottom of a glass to create a smooth crust.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges begin to color. Set aside.
- To make the filling:
- Add the pumpkin to a large mixing bowl. Using a large cheese grater, grate the almond paste over the pumpkin and mix on high speed with an electric mixer until the almond paste is fully incorporated and there are no lumps.
- Add the heavy cream, brown sugar, amaretto, eggs, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice. Mix until well combined. Pour into the prepared crust and bake for 50-60 minutes. The edges will be fully set but the center may still seem soft.
- Turn off the oven and allow the pie to cool completely with the oven door open to prevent cracks.
- To make the Amaretto Whipped Cream:
- In a mixing bowl combine the heavy whipping cream, amaretto, confectioners sugar and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Spread over the cooled pie and garnish with amaretti cookie crumbs.
Please Follow me on Instagram!