Red Potatoes and String Beans Salad
.Red Potatoes nad String Beans Salad.
For 6 Person(s)
For the Salad
- 2 pounds red potatoes, skin on
- 1 pound string beans, washed and ends removed
- 1/2 pound cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 mediun red onion, finely sliced
- 2 cups boiled chickpeas
- 1 cup Kalamata or Gaeta olives
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red vinegar
- salt & pepper as desired
- Wash the potatoes and put them in a large pot with cold water and 1 teaspoon of salt.. The water should completely cover the potatoes. Do not remove the skin from the potatoes.
- Bring the water to a boil and let the potatoes cook until a fork penetrates without much effort.
- Drain the hot water and rinse the potatoes under cold water.
- Cut the potatoes in pieces of about 1 1/2 inch in each side and set aside.
- Wash and remove the ends from the string beans. Set aside.
- Put a pot of water on the stove and add 1 teaspoon of salt. Once the water boils, add the string beans. Cook them for about 10 minutes.
- Drain the water from the string beans and rinse them under cold water.
- Put the string beans in a large bowl.
- Add to the bowl the olives, the tomatoes, the chickpeas, the extra virgin olive oil and the vinegar. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Toss all the ingredients well.
- Add the potatoes and genrly mix again.
- Serve chilled.
great recipe will make it again - JudyRW42