Spaghetti alle Vongole
Spaghetti alle Vongole (Spaghetti with Clams)... only the way they are made on the Amalfi Coast!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Spaghetti:
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 pounds Vongole
- 3 cloves garlic
- 15 grape or cherry tomatoes
- fresh parsley
- extra virgin olive oil
- Tap the vongole and any of them that sound hollow discard.
- Wash the vongole under cold water to remove any sand.
- Put the volgole in a pot with a few stems of parsley and steam until all the vongole open.
- Remove the vongole from the pot and put the water in a cup for later use.
- In a large saute pan, add 4 Tbs of EV olive oil and the garlic cut in half. Let the garlic turn golden and then remove it from the oil.
- Add the vongole and toss for a few minutes.
- Split the cherry tomatoes in half and remove the seeds. Add the tomatoes to the pan.
- Add the water that you saved from the vongole and toss.
- Add fresh parsley and peperoncino as desired.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in salted water to an Al Dente consistency and add them to the pan.
- Toss for 1 minute. If the spaghetti are too dry, add some pasta water.
- Toss and serve.
Please Follow me on Instagram!
First Course Recipes, Fish Recipes, Pasta Recipes, Campania Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Clams - Vongole Recipes, Spaghetti Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Thanksgiving First Course Recipes, Christmas First Course Recipes, Easter First Course Recipes, Seafood Pasta Recipes