Spaghetti alle Vongole
Spaghetti alle Vongole (Spaghetti with Clams)... only the way they are made on the Amalfi Coast!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Spaghetti:
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 pounds Vongole
- 3 cloves garlic
- 15 grape or cherry tomatoes
- fresh parsley
- extra virgin olive oil
- Tap the vongole and any of them that sound hollow discard.
- Wash the vongole under cold water to remove any sand.
- Put the volgole in a pot with a few stems of parsley and steam until all the vongole open.
- Remove the vongole from the pot and put the water in a cup for later use.
- In a large saute pan, add 4 Tbs of EV olive oil and the garlic cut in half. Let the garlic turn golden and then remove it from the oil.
- Add the vongole and toss for a few minutes.
- Split the cherry tomatoes in half and remove the seeds. Add the tomatoes to the pan.
- Add the water that you saved from the vongole and toss.
- Add fresh parsley and peperoncino as desired.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in salted water to an Al Dente consistency and add them to the pan.
- Toss for 1 minute. If the spaghetti are too dry, add some pasta water.
- Toss and serve.
Use the Code CWN20 to Get 20% OFF
On my New T-Shirts!
First Course Recipes, Fish Recipes, Pasta Recipes, Campania Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Clams - Vongole Recipes, Spaghetti Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Thanksgiving First Course Recipes, Christmas First Course Recipes, Easter First Course Recipes, Seafood Pasta Recipes