Spaghetti with Zucchini Pesto, Shrimp and Cherry Tomatoes
Spaghetti with Zucchini Pesto, Shrimp and Cherry Tomatoes.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pesto:
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 7 ounces zucchini
- 1 1/2 ounces pine nuts
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1 ounce grated pecorino romano cheese
- 1 ounce grated Parmigiano cheese
- 3 1/2 extra virfin olive oil, plus more for cooking
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 clove of garlic
- 8 ounces shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes
- Put a pot of salted water on to boil for the spaghetti.
- Finely grate the zucchini then use a hand blender to mix together with pine nuts, basil, parmesan cheese, pecorino cheese, olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- In a saute` pan, brown a clove of garlic in olive oil and add the cherry tomatoes.
- After 4 minutes, add the shrimp and fry until cooked through (2-3 minutes). Remove the garlic.
- Cook the spaghetti until al dente. Drain and set aside 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Add the spaghetti in the saute` pan, stir them with the shrimp and tomatoes. Turn off the flame and add the zucchini pesto with the pasta water to loosen up the sauce. Serve hot and enjoy!
Please Follow me on Instagram!